1 x 7” x 7” printed fabric
1 x 5” x 7” printed fabric
1 x 8” x 12” printed fabric for the back
1 x 8” x 12” batting of your choice ( not too much loft)
Matching thread for piecing, decorative thread or metallic thread,
Straight edge acrylic Ruler designed for machine ruler work
Ruler Quilting Foot
Straight Stitch needle plate and the Zig zag Needle Plate
Marking pencil or marker
Quilting gloves Special low-tension blue bobbin holder for free motion quilting.
1. Sew together the two printed fabrics ¼” seam along the 7” side and press.
2. This mug rug is made envelope style where the back and the top will be sewn right side together and turned inside out.
5. Attach your ruler foot to the machine and lower the feed dogs. The stitch length will be determined by the speed of the machine in relation to how fast or slow you move your hands.
6. Using your metallic thread on top and cotton thread in the bobbin, sew using the ruler. Place the ruler at the top left corner 1/4″ away from the drawn line. Bring the fabric and the ruler to the edge of the ruler foot. Start sewing by moving the fabric away from you following the edge of the ruler. Sew on the drawn square starting at the top left working down to the bottom left then to the right and up then back to the beginning. Leave the needle in the down position.
9. Sew the next line from the corner to the first registration mark making sure to keep the ruler 1/4″ away from the mark.
14. Turn inside out making sure corners are square. Press.
15. Top stitch in matching thread all around 1/8″ from edge.
Enjoy your cup of tea and cookies.