- This is my version of Libby Lehman’s Pinata’s: All of the applique, decorative stitching AND quilting in the above wall hanging was done using the CIRCULAR SEWING ATTACHMENT.
THERE ARE 2 optional CIRCULAR ATTACHMENTS available for ELNA sewing machines ……. WHICH ONE IS COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR ELNA SEWING MACHINE???
I thought I would list all the Circular attachments that are available for our various ELNA MACHINES so that you may ask your local ELNA DEALER for the one compatible with your ELNA machine. I need to tell you up front that these CIRCULAR ATTACHMENTS are for ELNA TOP LOADING BOBBIN machines only. If your ELNA sewing machine is a front loading bobbin machine, then you would need to ask your local ELNA DEALER to show you the FLOWER STITCHER as that is the closest sort of attachment that we can offer for these models. Alternatively, you may like to ask your local ELNA DEALER to show you any of our top loading bobbin machines as all of these will accommodate the optional accessory: the CIRCULAR ATTACHMENT. You may then consider buying one of our ELNA machines which has a top loading bobbin. SEE BELOW THE NEXT PIC.
- Some of our ELNA sewing machine models come standard with a little circle sewing pin and holes on the bed of the machine which accommodate this pin to facilitate sewing in circles. Applicable models are the EL6600; EL740; EL760; EL730, etc
- The Circular attachment that is an optional accessory fits onto the machine by removing the bobbin cover and inserting part of the circular attachment into this same spot over the bobbin. So it would be logical that you need to have a Circular attachment that fits YOUR specific type of bobbin cover/machine model. To make it simple there are 2 different types of top loading bobbin covers:
- Does your bobbin cover have a square or rectangular shape?
- If your bobbin cover is a square shape, then you need the following part # Circular attachment: #202107000. This is the new red JANOME blister pack. The older white box with part # 200024109 is exactly the same attachment and will work just fine as well. All that has happened is that we have repackaged the circular attachments in our red blister packs. BOTH of these part #’s are compatible with the following machine models: EL5200; EL5300; EL520; EL540; EL320 AND any other ELNA machine models which have that clear bobbin cover with a square shape.
- If your clear bobbin cover has a more rectangular shape, then you need to look for part# 202106009 in the red JANOME blister pack or part# 200304003 in the older white box. As above, both these part numbers are for exactly the same attachment and are compatible with these ELNA machine models: EL9500; EL9600; EL7200; EL7300; EL 740; EL760; EL730, LOTUS; etc.
- I digitized the centers of the 4 hourglasses WITH ELNA DIGITIZER SOFTWARE & then embroidered my designs in the hoop on the blocks that I had previously pieced with an hour glass pattern. You will notice there is applique as part of the embroidery design. This was done IN THE HOOP of the ELNA EMBROIDERY MACHINE (small enough to be done in the smaller hoop on most of our ELNA Embroidery machines.) The CIRCULAR ATTACHMENT was used for the QUILTING around the embroidery on each block. I don’t know about you but I sure do not trust myself to sew or quilt perfect circles free-hand! But I DO trust the CIRCULAR SEWING ATTACHMENT to sew a perfect circle for me!