Please refer to blog post on 18th February 2013 “WARMING HEARTS: SEWING FOR CHARITY”
DEADLINE TBA but it will more than likely be 31st August 2013 to allow time for voting & then packing & distributing the baggies to various charities in time for Christmas.
Challenge details & guidelines:
- Bags may be given to me (LIZ ) at shows & dealer store events OR to your local Janome or Elna dealer in Canada who will pass them on to me.
- Please also consider donating those toothbrushes your dentist gives you each visit + all those little shampoo’s & soaps you get when you travel. Little sewing kits, shower caps, etc will also be gratefully received!
- These toiletries will be packed into the baggies for Christmas gifts for folk who need a little bit of Christmas cheer. They will be donated to local charities – depending on the response and quantity, we will make these available to various charitable organizations. As seen on the 18th Feb blog post, there is one well established in Victoria,BC for Sandy Merriman House. The staff & customers at Snip and Stitch in Nanaimo,BC are also keen to do something similar for a Women’s shelter in their area. I am quite sure you will come up with more suggestions as we proceed with making our baggies.
- The baggies may be any colour, style or embellishment but we do ask that you ensure each one is large enough to hold a toothbrush and selection of toiletries. Zippered baggies are super quick to make but if you prefer to make a clicker bag or magnetic snap bag, that would be just fine too.
- We will be posting instructions & ideas in the coming weeks, so keep reading our blog….be sure to sign up for email alerts each time a post is published…that way you won’t miss one!
- We will offer a prize for popular choice: choose your favourite baggie – finalists will be displayed on the blog during Sept & Oct. and you may vote for your favourite one.
- We will also offer a prize to the person who makes the most # of baggies.
- Sorry, don’t know yet what the prizes will be but I will be asking our suppliers for sponsorship of prizes and will keep you posted as to what I manage to obtain.
- This challenge is open to any & all JANOME & ELNA machine users in CANADA.
- Please feel free to send in comments & suggestions or questions.